Commercial and Corporate Law
- - Gcolotela and Peter Inc strives to provide effective and practical solutions. They attend to the drafting and vetting of Commercial Contracts for different clients and other municipalities. Our team ensures that our clients' commercial matters, rights and responsibilities are well looked after.
- - Our team handles foreclosure matters. Handling Security documents and attending to lodging same at Court when properties become especially executable and thereafter uplift same for purposes of safekeeping until property is ready for the Sheriff's transfer. Our team further handles debt collections of large and small business loans on behalf of state owned enterprises.
- - Clients embarking on business ventures are advised on the most appropriate structures and the various issues and the risks that need to be considered. Taxation implications of contracts and commercial structures are also carefully considered. When required, we also represent clients in the negotiation of contracts and resolution of commercial disputes. We also advise on constitutional and competition law matters and obtain input from all our other departments, including environmental and employment law.
We also advise on constitutional and competition law matters and we are able to obtain input from all our other departments, including environmental and employment law
Our areas of expertise include the following:
- - Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment (B-BBEE) structures and advice
- - Building, construction and engineering contracts
- - Business establishment and registration
- - Commercial advice and agreements
- - Commercial disputes and arbitration
- - Company law
- - Competition law
- - Constitutional law
- - Corporate governance
- - Corporate structuring and restructuring
- - Disposals
- - Development schemes
- - Due diligence investigations in relation to mergers and acquisitions
- - Estate planning
- - Formation of companies, close corporations and trusts
- - Joint ventures and partnerships